Great books for all ages are available in our Friends of the Library Book Shop all year round! The Book Shop consists of four bookcases of the newest donations, located by the self-checkout and adult computers.
In addition, join us each month for our lobby book sales.
Each sale runs through the following Monday. Saturday is 1/2 price day. Sunday and Monday are $1-a-bag days.
2017 Sale Dates
- Thursday, April 27 - Monday, May 1
- Saturday, May 6 Plant Sale
- Thursday, June 22 - Monday, June 26
- Thursday, July 27 - Monday, July 31
- Thursday, August 24 - Monday, August 28
- Thursday, September 28 - Monday, October 2
- Thursday, October 26 - Monday, October 30
- Thursday, November 16 - Monday, November 20
- No sale in December
BIG Spring Book Sale
Preview Party: Friday, April 21, 7-9 p.m.
Members of the Friends of the Library have the opportunity to gain early entry to the sale at the Preview Party on Friday, April 21, 7-9 p.m. Non-members may join the Friends online at www.crrlfriends.org or at the door the night of the Preview Party.
Book Sale: Saturday, April 22-Wednesday, April 26
The book sale is open to the public during regular library hours and features donated new and gently used books, DVDs, and CDs at bargain prices.
- Saturday, April 22
- Sunday, April 23
- Monday, April 24 (Half-Price Day)
- Tuesday, April 25 ($5.00 Box Day)
- Wednesday, April 26 ($1.00 Box Day)
Year-Round Book Sale
The Friends' of the Library Book Nook, located in the library lobby, offers year-round shopping and is the place to browse daily for new and gently used books at bargain prices.
New and gently used books available for sale daily in the Porter Friends' of the Library Book Shop near the lobby.
Join us once a month for our larger book sales in the lobby.
Book sales begin the first Friday of each month. Monday is 1/2 price day. Tuesday and Wednesday are $1-a-bag days.
2017 Sale Dates
- Friday, April 7 - Wednesday, April 12
- Friday, May 5 - Wednesday, May 10
- Friday, June 2 - Wednesday, June 7
- Friday, July 7 - Wednesday, July 12
- Friday, August 4 - Wednesday, August 9
- Friday, September 2 - Wednesday, September 6
- Friday, October 6 - Wednesday, October 11
- Friday, November 3 - Wednesday, November 8
- Friday, December 1 - Wednesday, December 6
Overstock book sale begins the third Friday of each month with bargains galore and something for everyone. Come early for the best selection.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays are 1/2 price days. Thursdays is $1-a-bag day (plastic grocery bag size).
2017 Sale Dates
- Friday, April 21 - Thursday, April 27
- Friday, May 19 - Thursday, May 25
- Friday, June 16 - Thursday, June 22
- Friday, July 21 - Thursday, July 27
- Friday, August 18 - Thursday, August 24
- Friday, September 15 - Thursday, September 21
- Friday, October 20 - Thursday, October 26
- Friday, November 17 - Friday, November 24 (closed Thursday, November 23 for Thanksgiving Day)
- No sale in December.
Lobby Book Sale: All day, every day!
Stop by the Friends of the Library book sale in our lobby for some great bargains on books, magazines, and videos for kids and adults. New, old, and gently used titles are available.