John Musante Porter Branch
2001 Parkway Boulevard
Stafford, VA 22554
Public Fax: 540-659-1909 or 540-659-8309
- Monday 9 - 9
- Tuesday 9 - 9
- Wednesday 9 - 9
- Thursday 9 - 9
- Friday 9 - 5:30
- Saturday 9 - 5:30
- Sunday 1 - 5:30
Branch Manager: Lena Gonzalez Berrios, ext. 7330, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Porter Branch of the Central Rappahannock Regional Library is a 23,000 square foot building located in Stafford County, VA. The Stafford County Board of Supervisors voted to name the branch for their chair, John Musante Porter, a library advocate, after he passed away in June of 1992 shortly before the branch was scheduled to open.
Computers and Internet: All branches have public-access computers and wireless Internet access.
MakerLab: STEM exploration space for all ages to enjoy hands-on learning with a wide variety of high and low-tech equipment and activities.
Meeting Rooms: 100-seat meeting room, which can be partitioned to make two smaller rooms for 50, and additional 20-seat meeting room. Ask about a meeting room.
Exhibits: Two display cases and picture rail in Atrium; Atrium features monthly art exhibits of local artists.
Notary Services: On duty during most branch hours, but call ahead to be certain authorized staff is available.
Parking: 92 off-street parking spaces around the building
Accessibility Features: 5 accessible parking spaces, ramps at both entrances, wheelchair accessible button to open all outside doors, no interior stairs, accessible restrooms, magnifier/reader and a magnifying glass available at the adult reference desk, walker with basket available at front desk.
Transportation: The Fred Stafford D4, D7, and D8 buses stop at the library. See maps and schedules at www.ridefred.com.
Directions & Map
- Exit I-95 at the Garrisonville exit, north of Fredericksburg (143 B) and south of Washington D.C. (143 B).
- You will exit onto Route 610 or Garrisonville Road.
- Follow Garrisonville Road west about 3 miles.
- At the stoplight for Parkway Boulevard, turn left into the Park Ridge subdivision. (Beyond the light is the Stafford water tower. If you pass it you've gone too far.)
- Drive about 1/2 mile on Parkway Boulevard and you will see the Porter Branch on the left.
- Park Ridge Elementary is directly across the street.